New Plymouth Genealogy Society Inc
We are an incorporated society 50084570 and a registered charity CC60004.
The purpose of our society is;
- To promote the study of family histories, genealogies, and local histories.
- To provide educational services and advance the education of the public in the study of family, local histories and genealogies.
- To set up, operate and maintain a library of family and local history and related books and documents and to encourage the preservation of records having a genealogical or historical value.
- To provide help with research of local interest to local and overseas persons.
To achieve these purposes, we;
- Hold public meetings monthly on the first Tuesday of each month at 7:30pm at the society rooms, Breakwater Road, Moturoa. At these meetings a Guest Speaker or local member will share information of Genealogical interest with members.
- Operate a library of genealogical material, located at the society rooms, Breakwater Road, Moturoa, New Plymouth.
- Produce a monthly newsletter with news, helpful information and tips.
- Hold a substantial collection of microfiche, cdroms, books, databases and other material pertaining to genealogical research. These materials are held in the library and can be accessed when the library is open.
- Operate the Taranaki Biographical Index, an index and finding aid for researching in early Taranaki.
- From time to time, hold open days and mount displays, to achieve public awareness of the Genealogical Society.
The New Plymouth Genealogy Society rooms and library are located in the basement of the Moturoa shopping centre, on the corners of Breakwater Road and St Aubyn Streets. There is ample parking. It is easiest to enter the car park from Whiteley Street. Look for the "Moturoa Shops Parking" sign in Whiteley Street.