About Our Branch
The Objectives of the New Plymouth Branch of the New Zealand Society of Genealogists are:-
- To promote the study of family history, genealogies and kindred subjects.
- To encourage accurate and scholarly research into the histories of New Zealand families.
- To encourage the preservation of records having a genealogical or historical value.
- To foster awareness of family links and knowledge of heritage.
- To advance the education of the New Zealand Public in these studies.
To achieve these Objectives the Branch:-
- Holds public meetings monthly on the first Tuesday of each month at 7:30pm at the Branch Rooms, Breakwater Road, Moturoa. At these meetings a Guest Speaker or local member will share information of Genealogical interest with members.
- Operates a library of genealogical material, located at the Branch Rooms, Breakwater Road, Moturoa, New Plymouth. See this page for details of location and opening hours.
- Produces a monthly newsletter of helpful information and tips.
- Owns a substantial collection of microfiche, cdroms, books and other material pertaining to genealogical research. These materials are held in the Branch Library and can be accessed when the Library is open.
- Operates the Taranaki Biographical Index, an index and finding aid for researching in early Taranaki.
- Holds "Open Days" and mounts displays from time to time, to achieve public awareness of the Genealogical Society.
To join the New Plymouth Branch of the New Zealand Society of Genealogists, please use one of these options:
- fill in this membership form,
- fill in the membership form at the branch rooms during normal opening hours, or
- email us at email@example.com.
Convenor: Gail Tanner
Treasurer: Sharyn Guthrie
Secretary: Jackie Sewell
Branch address: c/- Gail Tanner, 122 Wairau Road, Oakura, New Plymouth 4314.
NP Branch NZSG
c/o Bruce Bellini
98A Queens Road
NEW PLYMOUTH 4312